PUMP TROUBLESHOOTING COURSE
Each course covers the individual subject in great detail and does not require the purchase of any additional books or materials. Each of the courses allows the student to work at his own pace, away from the work place.
Please note this course is available in only the United States and Canada. It is not available Internationally
The student is given several hundred questions to answer and is told where to find the answer in the reference material, forcing the student to read every page of the manual. When all of the answers are completed successfully and returned to the Institute, the student is sent a final examination that must be completed to receive his or her diploma.
Pump Troubleshooting Home Study Course
In the US $69.95 + $9.95 postage and handling = $79.90 Total
In Canada $69.95 + $20.95 postage and handling = $90.90 Total
- In the following paragraphs you can read about some of the subjects covered in this course
- How the pump curve is created.
- The basic formulas for converting head to pressure.
- The relationship between centrifugal pump head, pressure, capacity and liquid velocity.
- The three basic rules needed to understand centrifugal pumps.
- Explaining the different types of shaft deflection.
- An explanation of L3/D4
- How to stop shaft deflection
- Creating the system curve. How to calculate the three types of head.
- Specific speed and suction specific speed. How do you use them?
- Determining why the pump does not build enough head or pressure.
- Determining why the pump does not produce enough capacity.
- Determining why the pump uses too much amperage.
- Calculating shaft loads and the amount of shaft deflection.
- Simple pump modifications that will increase seal and bearing life.
- The four types of cavitation and how to recognize and correct them.
- How to make a system curve and then select the right size pump.
- The pump affinity laws. What happens when you change the speed of a pump or the diameter of the pump's impeller?
- Vibration readings.
- The ten types of corrosion problems.
- Problems with the pump's piping.
- Alignment between the pump and its driver
- Dynamic balance of the rotating assembly.
The Mc Nally Institute Book Division
Dade City, Florida 33526
To receive an application for our courses CLICK HERE
For information about my CD with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects explained, click here
Link to Mc Nally home page mcnallyinstitute.biz